Residents of most countries now need a visa to travel to the United States. Confirm current visa requirements with your nearest consulate or embassy. All travelers should be familiar with current US visa requirements.
To qualify for a US visa to attend the 2022 International Conference on Damage Mechanics, you must prove the following:
- The purpose of entry into US is for business.
- You plan to remain for a specific, limited time.
- You have a residence and binding ties outside of the US that will ensure return abroad at the end of your US visit.
A statement confirming registration and your planned attendance is available upon completion of the registration process, and after providing all required information. You are responsible for complying with all applicable US immigration laws, and should consult with your employer or other resources regarding questions about US visas and requirements.
If your embassy requires a letter of invitation from Louisiana State University as part of your US visa application, you may request one when you register for ICDM4. Just mark the appropriate box and provide your email address. The letter of invitation will be sent via email after your registration is processed and payment is received.
Be sure to apply early to allow time for the visa application process. The wait for getting an embassy or consulate appointment can be several months. Check the consulate website for current wait times.
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
- Electronic US Visa Application
- Visa Waiver Program
- Complete Visa Information
- TSA Travel Tips